Great Britain Under-18 Women have confirmed their squad for the U18 Women’s World Championship Division I Group B tournament in Poland.
The IIHF tournament, which runs from 2nd to 8th January 2020, takes place at the Janow Arena in Katowice.
GB, who depart the UK on Monday, will come up against hosts Poland, along with Austria, China, Korea and Norway.
Head coach, Cheryl Smith, said: “As ever, it was a very difficult squad to name because of the competition for places.
“The young talent in the programme just gets better and better and it is fantastic to see players from all across the country.
“We won a fantastic bronze last year in the World Championship, so we want to build on that. Many of those medal winners return for this season.
“We will take great heart from winning the 4Nations in Dumfries, not just the results but the way we grew as a team the longer the tournament went on.”
GB U18 Women’s roster
Lucy Beal – Bracknell
Megan Burton – Solihull/Coventry
Sophie Campbell – Kingston
Mirren Foy – Kirkcaldy
Grace Garbett – Solihull/Telford
Chamonix Jackson – Nottingham/Sutton
Alice Jones – Guildford/Haringey
Emily Harris – Bracknell
Chloe Headland – Lady Islanders, USA
Ella Howard – Bluewater Hawks, Canada
Megan Mitchell – Solway/Whitley Bay
Kaitlyn Morrison – Belfast
Chloe Needham-Potts – London/Haringey
Emma Nichols – Bracknell/Chelmsford
Elouise Porter – Guildford/Peterborough
Kiana Tait – Kingston
Jessie Taylor – Bracknell
Ellie Wakeling – Bracknell/Raiders
Ellie Wallace – Swindon
Lydia Walsh – Guildford
GB U18 Women’s schedule
- Thursday 2nd January 2020: China U18 Women v Great Britain U18 Women – 1pm (12noon UK time)
- Friday 3rd January 2020: Great Britain U18 Women v Korea U18 Women – 1pm (12noon UK time)
- Sunday 5th January 2020: Norway U18 Women v Great Britain U18 Women – 4:30pm (3:30pm UK time)
- Tuesday 7th January 2020: Great Britain U18 Women v Austria U18 Women – 4:30pm (3:30pm UK time)
- Wednesday 8th January 2020: Great Britain U18 Women v Poland U18 Women – 8pm (7pm UK time)